This week (August 19, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #SayftyChat, we discussed “Why Men Must Join The Gender Equality Revolution” with Michael Kaufman. This week’s chat was focused on the role men can play in women’s rights.
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa.
- Why is it critical to engage men as part of our struggle for women’s rights and gender equality.
- What is the first thing that men need to do to support women’s rights?
- Why is the transformation of manhood (and ending our binary definition of manhood) an essential part of achieving women’s rights?
- What are some of the pitfalls of bringing men into feminist struggles and what can we all do to prevent those problems?
- How will men benefit from gender equity and equality?
- Around you, at work or school or in your community, are you seeing more men and boys who support feminism?