Disclaimer: This guide is not intended to replace professional support, guidance, advice, or diagnosis.
Trigger warning: A trigger is a word or an event that can cause an action to take place. In this toolkit certain words can be triggering for survivors. Which means that reading those words or sentences can cause a survivor to either feel uncomfortable or anxious and might even take them back to an unpleasant memory. If while reading someone does experience this, it is best to do a quick grounding exercise.
Here are few important numbers to use when you are in immediate need of support or protection.
- 100: Police
- 1091: Women’s helpline number
- 181: Women’s helpline number
- +91 7217735372 Domestic Violence helpline number by National Commission For Women
- 112: Single emergency helpline number for immediate assistance to services such as the police and women’s helpline
- 1800-2000-113: Helpline number for Transgender and men who have sex with men (MSM) community