This week (July 15, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #SayftyChat, we discussed “The Role of Your Story in Your Advocacy” with Sharon D’Agostino from Say It Forward Now. This week’s chat was focused on the impact and value of sharing personal stories in advocacy and professional spaces.
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa.
- What life experiences sparked your commitment to women’s safety and empowerment?
- Do you share these experiences in your advocacy?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of sharing your life experiences in your work?
- Is there someone whose story has been especially inspiring for you?
- What advice do you have for young leaders who believe their stories are not important?
If you missed the twitter chat on The Role of Your Story in Your Advocacy, here is the recap:
#SayftyChat is a weekly, hour-long, Twitter chat created by Sayfty to explore topics related to women’s safety and prevention of violence against women. So every Monday at 11:00 am ET, we invite an organization/guest that joins us in raising awareness on women’s issues. We field questions to them and to you, the #SayftyChat community. Together, we answer these questions and engage in a dialogue on topics related to women’s safety and ending violence against women.