This week (July 1, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #SayftyChat, we discussed “Call Out Culture vs. Call In Culture” with Vandita Morarka. This week’s chat was focused on the benefits and drawbacks of calling-out versus calling-in.
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa.
- When you see bad behavior, do you think it’s better to call out the person in public or call-in to them privately?
- What are some tips to use if someone decides to call in a person’s harmful behavior?
- How do we create a call-in culture when we see harmful behavior since call-out culture is so prevalent today?
- Do you think there are situations where calling out bad behavior is more appropriate than calling-in? If so, when?
- Do you know of anyone’s harmful behavior changing after being called-out or called-in? Please share, if you’re comfortable!