This week (October 21, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #SayftyChat, we discussed “Online Abuse & Digital Citizenship” with Seyi Okiwow, founder and executive director of Glitch, UK. This week’s chat focused on what it means to be a digital citizen.
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa making 13 million impressions on Twitter. More than 258 users engaged on the chat this month. We reached 2.8 million people on Twitter via #Sayftychat.
Other #sayftychat sessions this month include:
Addressing Stereotypes in Media to Achieve Gender Equality
Mistakes People Make While Discussing Sexual Violence
Gender-Based Violence & HIV
1. What is online abuse? What is the purpose of online abuse?
2. Who is most impacted by online abuse & how?
3. In your experience how is the online community different from the offline one?
4. What is digital citizenship? How can individuals be digital citizens?
5. What can social media platforms do better to curb and address online abuse?