We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa.
- Do you usually travel solo or with someone? Why or why not?
- For solo women travelers what are some challenges in terms of safety?
- Which countries are safer for solo women travelers?
- What can governments/tourism boards do to ensure solo women’s traveling is encouraged and safe?
- What are your top travel safety tips?
If you missed the twitter chat on Building the Women’s Internet, here is the recap:
#SayftyChat is a weekly, hour-long, Twitter chat created by Sayfty to explore topics related to women’s safety and prevention of violence against women. So every Monday at 11:00 am ET, we invite an organization/guest that joins us in raising awareness on women’s issues. We field questions to them and to you, the #SayftyChat community. Together, we answer these questions and engage in a dialogue on topics related to women’s safety and ending violence against women.