This week (July 22, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #SayftyChat, we discussed “Women and Travel” with Adam Rogers. This week’s chat was focused on solo female travel and women safety while traveling.
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa.
- Do you usually travel solo or with someone? Why or why not?
- For solo women travelers what are some challenges in terms of safety?
- Which countries are safer for solo women travelers?
- What can governments/tourism boards do to ensure solo women’s traveling is encouraged and safe?
- What are your top travel safety tips?
If you missed the twitter chat on Building the Women’s Internet, here is the recap:
#SayftyChat is a weekly, hour-long, Twitter chat created by Sayfty to explore topics related to women’s safety and prevention of violence against women. So every Monday at 11:00 am ET, we invite an organization/guest that joins us in raising awareness on women’s issues. We field questions to them and to you, the #SayftyChat community. Together, we answer these questions and engage in a dialogue on topics related to women’s safety and ending violence against women.