This week (June 17, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #SayftyChat, we discussed “Youth Building Inclusive & Sustainable Cities & Communities” with Muhammed Ali Mustafa. This week’s chat was focused on the importance of young people in building communities that are resilient & sustainable.
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa.
- In your opinion, what are inclusive sustainable cities and communities?
- What role can the youth play in building inclusive sustainable cities and communities?
- How can large organizations like the UN, in particular, UN-Habitat, facilitate inclusivity when it comes to communities and cities?
- Why is it important to engage the youth when building inclusive cities? What are some ways in which we can encourage their participation?
- Climate action change is vital for sustainability in any city or community. What actions can youth take to tackle climate change and how can you support their actions?
If you missed the twitter chat on Youth Building Inclusive & Sustainable Cities, here is the recap:
#SayftyChat is a weekly, hour-long, Twitter chat created by Sayfty to explore topics related to women’s safety and prevention of violence against women. So every Monday at 11:00 am ET, we invite an organization/guest that joins us in raising awareness on women’s issues. We field questions to them and to you, the #SayftyChat community. Together, we answer these questions and engage in a dialogue on topics related to women’s safety and ending violence against women.