#Sayftychat is our weekly Twitter chat that explores topics related to women’s safety and preventing violence against women (#VAW).
This week (May 6, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #sayftychat, we discussed ‘Mental Health’. May is Mental Health Awareness Month and this week’s chat was focussed on the importance of raising awareness of Mental Health issues.
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa.
1. What does mental health refer to?
2. Why is focusing on mental health important?
3. Who is most likely to get a mental illness?
4. What are some factors that impact our mental health and well being?
5. What are some common myths surrounding anxiety?
6. Please share some resources for self-care (books, apps, therapy, professional help).
If you missed the twitter chat, here is the recap#SayftyChat Recap: Mental Health Month
#SayftyChat Recap: Mental Health
#SayftyChat is a weekly, hour-long, Twitter chat created by Sayfty to explore topics related to women’s safety and prevention of violence against women. So every Monday at 11:00 am ET, we invite an organization/guest that joins us in raising awareness on women’s issues. We field questions to them and to you, the #SayftyChat community. Together, we answer these questions and engage in a dialogue on topics related to women’s safety and ending violence against women.