#Sayftychat is our weekly Twitter chat that explores topics related to women’s safety and preventing violence against women (
This week (February 11th, 2019) on our Twitter chat, #sayftychat, we discussed ‘Body Positivity’. Our featured guest was Falguni Vasavada. She is an advertising professor at
@MICA_Ahmedabad. Falguni is a @TEDx speaker who is followed by @PMOIndia. She is an enthusiast, fashion blogger who believes in Gender Equality (#SDG5).
We had participants join the chat from Nairobi, India, US, Canada, UK, Columbia, and South Africa
1. How can low body positivity and self-esteem be damaging?
2. What are the three things you like about the way you look?
3. What are some challenges you face when trying to stay body positive?
4. Name three things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with what you look like.
5. In what ways do you take care of your body and keep it healthy?
6. Share some notable body positive movements that have helped you?
If you missed the twitter chat, here is the recap
#SayftyChat is a weekly, hour-long, Twitter chat created by Sayfty to explore topics related to women’s safety and prevention of violence against women. So every Monday at 11:00 am ET, we invite an organization/guest that joins us in raising awareness on women’s issues. We field questions to them and to you, the #SayftyChat community. Together, we answer these questions and engage in a dialogue on topics related to women’s safety and ending violence against women.